Not my finest moment...
06.29.2012 - 06.30.2012 85 °F
Well that didn't go exactly as planned.
In case you were wondering, there are a few factors that will increase the duration of a bus trip from Panama City to Granada, Nicaragua (both in reality and in experience):
- Nearly missing your bus because of the internet at the terminal being down
- The temperature on the “luxury” bus (sure, it's a sign of status – but it's FREEZING)
- Realizing that you will be arriving in San Jose, Costa Rica at 2:00am (alone)
- 15 hours on a bus considering all the places where you should hide your money
- Actually arriving in San Jose at 2:00am (still alone)
- Wondering if your new “friends” are actually planning to rob you
- Taking a taxi from one bus terminal to the next only to wait for several more hours
- Handing over your passport to a some Dutch guy named Yohst who says he'll bribe immigration so you don't have to wait for hours
- Locals trying to swindle you on a series of local buses from the Nicaraguan border
28 hours, 4 buses, 3 taxis and 2 long walks through no man's land.
I'm not sure I've ever been more relieved to arrive at my hotel (yes, hotel).